“The facts are clear, the key to a student’s academic success lies in his or her parents involvement in the educational process. Without adequate parental involvement, no curriculum, teaching strategy, counselor intervention, or I&RS/504/CST accommodation will make a difference… the underachieving student will continue to struggle, while everyone around him or her will continue to grow frustrated and tired”
– Bernie Ivin, LCSW, Creator of the 1-2-3 Succeed Program
The 1-2-3 Succeed Program empowers parents in taking the lead role in helping their child succeed in school and teaches students essential study skills. It is an excellent resource for school counselors, child study team members, teachers and administrators, as well as private therapists and other helping professionals who work with underachieving students.
You Can Use The 1-2-3 Succeed Program To Help Underachieving Students In Multiple Ways:
- Attend our 1-day training and learn how to administer the 1-2-3 Succeed Program with parents & students – utilize the 1-2-3 Succeed Program through the services you already provide or as a stand-alone program that you facilitate through group counseling or presentations
- Make 1-2-3 Succeed part of their school’s 504 and I&RS protocol, by asking parents to view the program as an initial step to seeking services
- Make 1-2-3 Succeed part of their school’s disciplinary response by having students view the program while serving detentions or suspensions
- Incorporate 1-2-3 Succeed Program into your “Freshmen Academic“ Program
- Refer students to our “Academic Improvement Group” – groups are facilitated at our office or a designated location
- Host a 1-2-3 Succeed Parent Presentation
- Refer parents to our website to learn more about our program and how it can benefit their child
Attend Our One-Day Training:
Help the Capable, But Unmotivated & Disorganized Student – The 1-2-3 Succeed Program Basics & Beyond: Participants will learn the core principles and strategies of the 1-2-3 Succeed Program and how to utilize the program to enhance parent meetings, counseling sessions, disciplinary actions, and I&RS, 504, & CST interventions. This training is 7 hours long and is facilitated as full day seminar. The cost is $295 per person; this includes breakfast, lunch, and a copy of the 1-2-3 Succeed Program.
To register for this seminar, click here.
Schedule an onsite training for your department, click here.
All training participants will receive a Continuing Education Certificate through the New Jersey State Department of Education and other governing bodies.
Make 1-2-3 Succeed Part Of Your 504 And I&RS Protocol:
Ask parents to view the 1-2-3 Succeed Program as the initial step to receiving 504 and I&RS services. By doing so, parents will learn:
- The importance of being in the lead role for helping their child succeed in school. Being in the lead role means role modeling healthy behaviors, maintaining a positive relationship with one’s child, effectively disciplining one’s child, and making education and learning a top family value. When parents are in the lead role, school and other therapeutic interventions have a much greater impact.
- Numerous skills and strategies for motivating and holding their child accountable for doing homework and taking care of school responsibilities.
- A system for helping their child get and stay organized.
- How to determine the nature of a child’s “roadblocks” to school success (1-2-3 Succeed includes a student assessment questionnaire) and how to most appropriately and effectively intervene with those roadblocks.
To purchase multiple copies of the 1-2-3 Succeed Program (at a discounted rate) that can be used as part of your 504 and I&RS protocol, click here
Make 1-2-3 Succeed Part Of Your School’s Disciplinary Response:
The Student Success portion (of the 1-2-3 Succeed Program) includes eleven lessons; four lessons on the Key Ingredients to School Success, six lessons on Success (Study) Skills and one lesson on The Roadblocks to Success. Each lesson concludes with a quiz to determine the students’ understanding and competency of the information presented.
Require students to view the Student Success portion of the 1-2-3 Succeed Program while serving detention or suspension. By incorporating the 1-2-3 Succeed Program into your disciplinary actions, you will:
- Turn your disciplinary actions into opportunities for student learning and growth.
- Plant seeds of knowledge and hope with the students who need it the most; those 5-10% of at-risk students who take up 80% of your time and energy due to their ongoing school difficulties and related oppositional or defiant behavior.
- Ensure that students can never say that no one ever taught them what was necessary for school success. Once they view and pass all the Student Success lessons, you will be able to validate and confirm that they were provided with the information.
To purchase multiple copies of the 1-2-3 Succeed Program (at a discounted rate) that can be used as part of your disciplinary response, click here
Make 1-2-3 Succeed Part Of Your Freshmen Academy
Many high schools now have a Freshmen Academy Program. The goal of these programs is to help students successfully transition from middle school to high school.
By making 1-2-3 Succeed part of your Freshmen Academy, you will:
- Ensure that every incoming freshman knows the study skills and academic strategies necessary to meet the demands of a vigorous and demanding high school workload.
- Provide parents with a resource that they can utilize should their child have academic, emotional, or disciplinary difficulties in making the transition from middle school to high school.
To purchase multiple copies of the 1-2-3 Succeed Program (at a discounted rate) that can be used as part of your Academic Academy Program, click here.
Refer Students To Our Academic Improvement Group.
Academic Improvement Group: The Secrets To School Success: Students will learn a detailed understanding of the 1-2-3 Succeed Program, and a step by step system for developing the motivation and study habits necessary for school success. After completing this program students will know exactly what they need to do in order to get better grades. Students will be pleased to learn that the key to their success will be to follow several simple routines for staying organized, doing homework, and studying, rather than to “work harder” (as they have been told so many times before). This group program meets 1-night per week (for 1 hr. and 15 mins.) for 12 weeks. The cost is $995. This student program has an open enrollment. Please have parents email us at email@example.com for additional information.
All group programs are facilitated at our office located at Suite 103, 22 Howard Blvd., Mt. Arlington, NJ 07856:
Host A 1-2-3 Succeed Parent Presentation:
Inspire Your Child To Do His or Her Best In school: Parents will learn the core principles and strategies of the 1-2-3 Succeed Program and how to utilize the program in understanding their child’s academic difficulties, creating a more cooperative family environment, and inspiring their child to do better in school. This presentation is 1-1.5 hours long and the cost is $1200. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an on-site presentation. Once a presentation is scheduled we will provide you with the necessary promotional material.
Helping Professionals Can Refer Parents To www.123succeed.com To Learn More About Our Program And How It Can Benefit Their Child.